PRMS is a proud supporter of the 2017 CME events for this chapter.
Upcoming Central Pennsylvania Psychiatric Society Events
All Central Pennsylvania Psychiatric Society (CPPS) members are invited and welcome to attend the events listed below. Please register through the "online registration" links provided, or call
717-558-7750 with any questions.
Thursday, August 24, 2017
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Addressing Stigma in Serious Mental Illness
Dinner & A Movie: The Soloist
Executive Council Meeting
5:30 pm – 6:00 pm: Executive Council Meeting
6:00 pm: Registration & Light Meal
6:15 pm – 9:15 pm: Educational Program
Pennsylvania Medical Society
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
2016 CPPS Residents' Night
Our annual Residents' Night was held on Thursday, August 25th at Tröegs Brewery in Hershey, PA. Over 20 CPPS members attended the event. It was an opportunity for residents to meet with practicing Psychiatrists from Central PA in a relaxed, social setting. Dominic Mazza, MD, DLFAPA, President of the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Society attended the event as well.
PaPS President, Dominic Mazza, MD, DLFAPA (3rd from left) is pictured with local residents at the CPPS Residents' Night.
Central Psychiatric Society Benefits of Membership
For more information on becoming a member of the Central Pennsylvania Psychiatric Society and the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Society, please send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Psychiatric Society members practicing in central Pennsylvania have dues-free access to the additional benefits of its Central chapter, including. . .
- Two CME dinner meetings throughout the year, for members and their spouses or guests.
- One social event per year, for members and their spouses or guests.
- Opportunities to become informed and involved in issues affecting psychiatric practice on a local level.
- Psychiatric resident outreach programs, including attendance at all dinner meetings free-of-charge to residents and their spouses or guests.
- Representation of local issues through its representatives to the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Society's governing Council.
Central Pennsylvania Psychiatric Society
Executive Committee and Officers
Aditya Joshi, MD
Usman Hameed, MD
Kawish Garg, MD
Immediate Past President
Amita S. Nayyar, MD
Delegate to PaPS Council
Douglas A. Ockrymiek, DO, DFAPA
Resident Representative to
Raman Sandhu, MD
Shiv S. Aggarwal, MD
Kathleen C. Dougherty, MD
M. Ahmad Hameed, MD